Wednesday, August 08, 2018

Seltzer Bottle

Eureka! I got up this morning knowing how to create my oil pastel seltzer bottle. Several weeks ago, or perhaps it was only last week during this hot and humid spell, I pined for an old fashioned egg cream. An egg cream just like the one I had at the candy store in the Bronx. That was decades ago. 

And to create one at home I needed “real” seltzer. In lieu of trying to find all the proper ingredients I found a photo of an antique seltzer bottle. Then I drew my own seltzer bottle. A few days ago I decided to use my never used artist quality oil pastels.

But I really didn’t know how I intended to create the bottle. I did buy a board for the painting and I did draw the bottle( lightly ) on the board.

Last night I had a dream about colors. This morning I was slated to play golf ( a threesome) and decided to opt out because I suddenly knew how to paint the bottle and the background. 

So I put on classical music, took out the never used set of oil pastels— remembered that this brand was softer than I usually liked, but decided that it was what I had and began to plot out my color scheme.

 I can’t say that I used all the colors from my dream, but it gave me the impetus to keep at it. 


Mozart is in the background and my seltzer bottle is waiting for a glass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home