Sunday, August 12, 2018

#BlogElul2018 Day 2 Seek

     We all spend time looking for something. And we all define that something differently. As time passes what we seek may change. Life has a way of altering plans. Time also effects our trajectory. What we seek undergoes a metamorphosis in the cauldron of time. Our interactions with other people may cause shifts. Then the universe may jolt us and what we seek may no longer be feasible.
     And if what you seek involves other people they may be unwilling to accompany you. They may even refuse to partake or even listen. 
     What is it I seek? What do I want to pursue? Years ago I’d whip out my list: walk the Appalachian Trail, hike on a trail through the red rocks in Utah, publish a poetry book by a mainline press and on and on. My list, heavy on substantial weighted items, but light on  those ethereal items that become more important with time. 
    I have walked segments of the Appalachian, climbed Katahdin, hiked some in red orange canyons, published a poetry chapbook—and checked off other items on my bucket list.  

    Now I find that what I seek most has altered. I want to peel back layers and layers...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home