Wednesday, August 23, 2017

#BlogElul Day 1: Act

The month of Elul is a month for introspection, for mending relationships, for writing unsent letters to those who are no longer alive. This list of prompts was created by a Rabbi Phyllis Sommer. While I no longer celebrate the High Holy Days, I find that taking the month to write about and think about those people with whom I may need to mend fences is a spititual exercise.

Act

Did I act without thinking?
Did I not listen
or listen without
hearing what was said?
Did I gossip?
Did I spread a story,
tell a tale?
Did I tell the truth?
Did I aggrandize?
Do I owe you an apology?
Do I need to write an unsent letter?
God forgives,
but I need to also ask forgiveness
when I step on someone's toes,
or bend the truth, or forget
to hear what is said.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home