Monday, August 28, 2017

#BlogElul Day 6: Want

 Want

      I’ve been taking a number of online art courses and whenever the artist demonstrates  the art materials they use, I  find that I am drawn to some item I’ve never used. This is something that affects a number of people. You hear people say, “ I love art supplies.” There is something alluring about new paints, different pencils, a sketchbook you’ve never used, and an ink pen that you think you need—despite owning handfuls of disposable pens and seven different fountain pens with differing nibs. Perhaps I think that the new item will result in a better sketch, a painting that is exponentially superior to anything I’ve done before. 
      This same “want” kicks in with books, especially when I find that I can get the book used. However, if the book is available at the library I’m willing to go that route. 
      This penchant for new art supplies or another  book doesn’t spill over into desiring new clothes, or baubles. It is quite specific. Maybe I can reach a point where I cease buying any new art supplies until I become fully acquainted with what I have on my shelves. 






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home