Friday, November 11, 2016

Mea Culpa

We sat in Starbucks parking lot reading and indulging in drinking bottled water. I know most people sit inside and read, but we like sitting in the car. Nothing like being quirky.

What I didn't know was that the headlights were on. Everyone knows what happens when you leave the lights on and the car is turned off. It happened. Dead. No sound.

Forty-five minutes later a nice young man from AAA arrived with his cables. And we were in our way.

Arrived home and checked my Page Prep class and discovered that the hamsa I put up next to a map of Palestine was no longer showing. Insistent and persistent I scrolled up and down and it was gone. Gone also was the long comment by Susen and my response telling her about all the materials I had used to create the hamsa.

When I posted the hamsa I wrote about it being an amulet that was popular to all people in the Middle East. It has a long history. Some believe it may be traced to the Phoenicians.

Granted that most others who posted had illustrated biblical passages.

Later I found a message from the woman who is giving the online course. She told me that she had taken down my drawing because she thought it belonged to another one of her courses . She only wanted drawings that were in step with this course.

I had used the proper technique to prep my page. My drawing utilized materials we had spoken about. My crime, I guess, was not illustrating a specific chapter in the Bible or speaking about an amulet.

I did respond by telling the instructor that I was responding to the course and I felt chastised because of what I drew.

She's in England and I don't expect a response until tomorrow. This is the first time I've been thrown out of an online conversation.

Then I made a mistake and read some more news. Too many of the folks on the transitional team are virulently anti LGBTQ folks.

The beat goes on and I don't care for the rhythm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home