Friday, February 26, 2016

Day 17 Lent

A Forgiveness List

I forgive the woman who pushed in front of me at Starbucks. She probably suffered from  caffeine withdrawal and needed replenishment.

I forgive the cafe that charges the same price for an egg sandwich with or without meat. When queried on this practice they simply reply, " It's the same price."

I forgive the painter who forgot to put a final coat on the baseboard in the bathroom. The final coat was applied-- but he had long since disappeared.

I forgive the people who put up signage on our highways. They seem to think that decoding is a skill most motorists own.

I forgive the mailman who squeezed a box into our mailbox necessitating extreme measures to secure its release.

And a thanks to the barista at Starbucks who knows my order and makes me feel as if my tall decaf, no sweetener, no space, light on the ice, is as important as a huge sweetened double expresso with flavoring and whipped cream.

And thanks for a perfectly done egg sandwich on a bakery baked English muffin toasted just right.

And thanks to the painter who selected a perfect wall color.

And thanks for  the signs even if on occasion they require deciphering.

And thanks to the mailman who delivers my mail on the most inclement days and even climbs over snow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home