Monday, September 14, 2015

To Keep or Not

As the moving boxes encroach on space
they force  chairs to sit upon one another 
As their stacks grow higher
I begin to wonder about the art
of letting go and I start to eye
everything with discernment
Why do I need this I ask myself
Any smidgen of hesitancy, any body
movement that lacks a pervasive yes
means no passage, no new place,
I move the rejected items to a corner
where they face a bevy of questions
Are you yellow, underlined, surrounded
by a muster of outstretched hands?
Do you sense the change at your heels?
I offer my apologies to a ceramic rooster
who spent  years staring at a killdeer
flaunt his stuff,  I offer my apologies
to five handblown glass inkwells
where words will remain in empty bottles 

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I may have shared this before, I've got it posted in all those areas of the house where I need to purge!

"As long as you derive inner help and comfort from anything, you should keep it." Gandhi

September 15, 2015  

Post a Comment

<< Home