Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Next Year

How can packing become a matter of taking everything because you might need, want, use the item?Will the heat necessitate a cool outfit, but suppose it gets cold-- then what? Better bring something for the cold. Do you think you want peanuts when you hike? Do I want crackers for a snack?

When I look at the car, seats down, stacked to the hilt I wonder if I'll use half of what I bring. Each year I promise myself that I'll cut back, refuse to take an extra of anything, practice moderation, and each year I throw caution to the wind and take more than I could ever need.

I have enough books to read for weeks, a new sketch book and pens of every conceivable width. Flex nibs, stiff nibs. Cheap pens, fountain pens. Pencils. An eraser.

Suppose I erase my long list and start a new short list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home