Sunday, March 29, 2015

Thoughts on Palm Sunday

My basketball acumen is akin to my ability to select horses in a race-- nil. In both cases I base my choice on name, geographic location, and in races-- the horse's colors as well as name. I do like purple outfits.

None of those criteria work well over the long term.

So what encourages people to fill out March madness brackets? It's just fun and don't we all love to see an underdog defeat the expected victor? We root for the 50-1 horse and the 15th seeded team.

Perhaps we're wired to hope that the unexpected happens. I think we simply want to see the feel good story, the fairy tale ending.

And sometimes I remember that we're all participants in that drama. I have a role, a part to play. I may not be able to select the winner of a horse race, or pick the right brackets, but I can play a part in the myriad of stories surrounding me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home