Friday, March 27, 2015

Decision Time


April is almost upon me and I need to decide what challenge whets my appetite.

Why join the Fake Journal Challenge and create a fictive character and keep a fake journal for the month of April?
Why Document My Life for 2015-- especially starting at the end of March?
Why move beyond the PAD challenge-- a poem a day written to a prompt?

Response: If I am to create a fictive character why not write a short story? Why not join the group that sends out a poem or short story every week?
Response: Where is the time to ponder and edit?

Response: The minutiae? Document the details of everyday? Or wait until a groundswell of august happenings?
Response: Why throw out what I truly relish for all these shiny new baubles?

Ah-- to loosen the pull of the other possibilities, to relish the anticipation of new prompts, to look forward to the way words signal one another in poetry.

Bring on April.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home