Monday, February 16, 2015

I See

"The truth. Every story is the truth," and he laughed...
Hold the Dark William Giraldi


Reading between the lines, reading as a participant in the story, reading as if what happens matters isn't for the feint-of-heart. Books illuminate my world, someone else's story spreads fault lines straight into my own past ; engaging with a character reminds me of someone or something in the past.

I want to shout, "stay awhile, haven't we met." But it's not every writer who invites me to enter into the composition, to partake, to walk quietly with the characters.

We may be mirror images or alien to one another.

Haven't you ever stopped and thought, "Yes, that's how I see the situation."

And there are times that reading is a catharsis allowing the reader to examine feelings, to see a plot through another pair of eyes.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home