Monday, January 19, 2015

To Be A Fan

Yesterday it rained ; it remained dank and gray all day. A perfect day to be home with two championship football games to watch. But watching the games means more than simply sitting on a chair glued to the television.

Chips, dip, carrot sticks, shrimp, roasted vegetables, and a healthy homemade desset are the necessities of the game. I loved the drama of the first match-up. It played out as if scripted for Hollywood. Angst, on my part, wasn't part of my watching experience. My team didn't play until later.

I wanted the Patriots to win decisively, lots of points, and a drubbing for the other team. My killer instincts went into high gear. This is not the schoolyard where you want the loser to feel good. Pile on the points, keep adding to the score.

When the other team lost the ball, fumbled,or made a mental error, I pumped a fist in the air and hooted.

Being a fan isn't for the faint hearted, or the softie, or the mealey mouthed. I applauded every point, every takeaway, every tackle, until I knew with certainty that the game belonged to the Patriots.

Now it's time to plan my menu for the Super Bowl. Perhaps add a few more shrimp.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home