Sunday, January 04, 2015

My Word for 2015

Each Epiphany service- for the last three years-, after the hymns are sung, the pageant acted out, the blessings given, the participation in communion, we select a star. A word is written on each star, but the words are placed face down in a basket.

 The rules, according to the minister, " The large stars are for the children and the smaller stars for the adults. Don't look at your word and put it back because you don't like it or you don't see it as apt. It may tell you something in a week, or month, or a year. Give the Holy Spirit a chance to work."

In 2013 my word was release. In 2014 my word was connect. And for 2015 my word is honesty. I immediately recognized an affinity with release, connected with connect, but now wonder about honesty. I don't cheat on my taxes, pay traffic fines immediately, tell the clerk if I receive the incorrect change in my favor, and don't cheat when playing Scrabble.

This is an edgy word. Where will it lead? I'm ready for the ride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home