Monday, December 29, 2014

Where oh Where...

My digital calendar has wiped out all months save December. What does this mean? Am I to assume that I'll repeat those months? Perhaps there's a subliminal message I'm not getting.

Suppose at some future date I want to look up what happened in the month of April? Do I now have a clean slate? Of course I also have a paper calendar, because intuitively I don't fully trust the digital calendar . It is capricious. With a flick of a finger, an incorrect click all data disappears. Actually it doesn't evaporate. It resides in the cloud.

Where is this amorphous cloud? Why is it hoarding my dates? Even though I am turned on, even though I spent more money for extra storage, my events on all dates prior to December 1st have disappeared.

Imagine the angst if suddenly all the events on your calendar moved over to someone else's computer or phone? People would be attending concerts they disliked, going to visit people they didn't know, explaining to the eye doctor their molar pain.

This disappearance act is barbaric. It is as if a piece of me vanished into a vapor.

The cloud could be a major actor in a conspiracy plot. Now there's a germ of an idea for a novel-- a dystopian novel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home