Saturday, December 20, 2014

Organizing the Disorganized

Now that all my contacts are in my phone I note that some people are listed two or three or even four times. Sometimes I used a first name, then a last name, then a nickname-- occasionally one listing has the phone number, while another has an email address.

I am inconsistent. Perhaps I 'm afraid that the last name won't ring a bell or I really like the person so keep listing them. Possibly I forget that the individual already occupies a spot.

Disorganization isn't an alien concept. I start off with an excellent system, but it falls apart. Whenever I begin a new project I purchase a new notebook. Something about the pristine clean pages encourages me to think that everything is under control.

And the selection of a notebook is quite important. The paper must take fountain pen ink without bleeding through to the other side, the lines can't be too dark, and the paper must have a smooth surface.

My most recent notebook has numbered pages, a line for subject, and a table of contents. It may become my go to notebook.

As for contacts...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home