Sunday, December 07, 2014

Logic


For with God nothing shall be impossible.
Luke 1:37



A small card inserted in my church bulletin carried that message. My partner found a different message on her card. Maybe every card differed. Maybe the church purchased a set of cards-- icon on the front with a quote from scripture and two questions on the back. We all had the same questions.

Possibly, even though receiving a particular card was random, could that card be just the one you wanted or needed?

Or do we look for a hidden message, an application targeted for us, as if the heavens conspired to deliver just those words?

Which one is it? I'd like to believe that the message arrived at the right destination, that it was slated for me-- but I expect that I read the words and thought --accept the words at their face value. For God everything is possible. That's all it says. It doesn't say anything but that.

Just because everything is possible doesn't mean that God interferes with someone's free will. God isn't in the business of cajoling or arm bending. So just because anything is possible it's a hands off policy when it comes to insisting on someone doing something or not doing something.

Just because we have a blueprint doesn't mean that it's easy to read or follow. But I do think an occasional hint or subliminal message doesn't interfere with anyone's free will.

Given that I've gotten to that point in my circuitous reasoning I do think that the message fits.

Isn't reasoning wonderful.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home