Sunday, December 28, 2014

Just Roll it Over

The end of the year finds me realizing that half of what I set out to accomplish is left either half done or not done at all. I really wanted to shred saved credit card slips accumulated over the past year. Perhaps I wanted to craft a book cover out of CVS slips.

Then there are file folders filled with papers, but not filed. Last year I decided not to save magazines, but to cut out those articles I might read again, scan them, and organize the scanned copies on my computer. There's a bulging folder of articles ready to be scanned.

And how about the stack of to be read books that I own? Each year I attend used book extravaganzas. And each year I leave with books to add to my pile. Yet these are not the first books I read. I read library books and my to be read pile grows. Recently I read one of the books because the stack was wobbly and needed a height reduction.

Most important, in fact imperative, was to either run off a hard copy or simply copy each poem I wrote this year. One snafu and they will be gone.

I also anticipated writing a short story,perhaps even a novel, and rereading all of Flannery O'Connor's writings. Inroads, but nothing substantial.

Ah-- to connect to all those things we wish we had done, but didn't do. Isn't that the rub?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home