Wednesday, December 03, 2014

A Quandry

When does reading too many mysteries invade your life? I am confronted with just that dilemma and I don't read too many mysteries.

I love the concept of mail, real mail, letters with a stamp, letters you open and savor. This does not include junk mail, requests for money, or financial statements. The mail I refer to is the type of sit down, perhaps with a cup of tea, mail.

Recently I heard about a group that exchanges postcards-- handmade or store bought. Over 500,000 people from 221 countries share postcards. It's mail. It's collecting. Now here's the rub. Suppose some unsavory character lurks around the site. Can't you visualize an unwanted scenario?

Enter the detective who, after many wrong turns, deciphers the case. Perhaps instead of joining the group I should write the mystery and that may require research which in turn may require joining. And round and round...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home