Friday, October 17, 2014

Splattering

Spattering acrylic paint is not for the faint hearted. The instructor's ink spatters were uniform, small, and dense. When I brushed a toothbrush with a palette knife large splatters hit my paper along with the tiny ink spots.
I wasn't the only one experiencing a diminished sense of accomplishment.

Soon people asked those who successfully moved along spattering different sections of their paper with tiny dots, " What kind of toothbrush?"
" Soft or hard bristles."

I switched to a different toothbrush and the results remained the same. Finally, I admitted ineptness and proceeded to spatter my paint with a wild abandonment. So what if gobs of paint rested among the fine mist of paint?

Once accepting imperfection I covered my paper with color ignoring the errant globs.

It's quite freeing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home