Monday, October 13, 2014

Pondering

Reading opens up a universe of possibilities. Today I found myself wondering about the golem, transplanted wombs, the first transatlantic cable, Rilke's obsessions, and how to plan a perfect day. Then I wondered what I meant by perfect. Too much planning is akin to too much stirring.

Ponder something long enough and the result may lack spontaneity. Don't plan and you may lose out. Equilibrium. Find the mid-point, the place equidistant from extremes.

Let it flow. I once spotted a book titled, I think, Don't Push the River, Let it Flow. I expect that the author was writing a self-help book. I liked the line and gave it my own meaning.

A question in the newspaper-- what are we going to do with all that data? Now there is something to ponder, but not for too long.

Back to the perfect day--let it flow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home