Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Politics, As Usual

I am tired of political ads that paint half truths. It doesn't matter if the candidate and I live in a polar opposite zone. Why do outside groups create ads that depict the other as some sort of demonic individual?

Taking something and twisting it until it neither resembles what the candidate said or meant has become an art. How does anyone believe anything? Everything is permissible.

Recently I approached a candidate for one of the lower offices-- state representative-- and asked her why she was against a particular item. She responded, " I'm not. Those mailings distort what I've said."

The art of distortion is alive and well. What to believe and what to discard. 'It's an enigma, a conundrum of our present political climate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home