Sunday, October 26, 2014

Onward and Forward

I just read a review of a new book about Wonder Woman. It sounds intriguing, fascinating, and perfect for the coming winter when I fight the snow and cold.

A new Wonder Woman movie will be released in 2017. Which Wonder Woman will we meet? The feminist or the docile woman? Until I read the review I didn't realize how the character changed over time. The original Wonder Woman was strong, equal I'm certain to Batman and Superman. It seems that someone didn't care for this strong, outspoken, feminist and shackled her to fit in with his own agenda.

Now I'd like to see some of those old comic books and applaud this feisty woman fighting for freedom-- in the 1940s. Perhaps we can see her with the same passion fighting against the evil that " lurks". Am I messing up my heroic characters?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home