Friday, October 10, 2014

Lines and Words

Today I discovered a new, for me, art technique and I'm smitten. I sat for six hours, with a lunch break, learning how to let my pen loose on paper, trustIng that my initial lines will not morph into millstones refusing to change.

Nothing is a mistake, just a different pathway.

"In dire cases use a sharp exacto knife to scratch away the errant line."

" It's like getting a second chance."

How simple to scratch away the mistakes, to draw another line.

You can be forgiven for the careless or hurtful words you speak, but they can't be reeled in, or eradicated.

In an old tale, words are seen as goose feathers in a pillow. Tear open the pillow and the feathers fly about--once released you can't go gather armfuls and return them to the pillow. Some will always remain outside. It's like that with words. Once they are let out they remain out.

Tomorrow I'll practice this new pen and ink technique.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home