Monday, September 08, 2014

Let Me Tell You...

 Several days ago I bumped into Margaret at the farm market. We had worked together for several years until she became the middle school art teacher. I don't recall her ever talking about traveling. I do recall her saying that she had no desire to climb the Precipice in Acadia National Park.

Metal steps hammered into the side of the Precipice allow anyone who is not leery of heights to ascend a steep incline to the top. It's a rite of passage.

" We've been climbing in the Alps and we're going back again."
"Just," added her husband, " need to figure out the logistics of our next trip. I like to do all the planning myself."

Then comes the inevitable question, " Traveling? "

Is it possible to say that I'm an armchair traveler? Train rides-- Orient Express. Mountains--only the highest. And I must tell you about going down the Amazon-- buggy. Let me add the trip across the Gobi Desert and my encounter with a snow leopard.

We're a committed group of armchair travelers hanging on to every word written by intrepid travelers who go places we wouldn't go, and then write nail biting memoirs for the rest of us to read.

If you, too, travel on the words of a story, let's band together and seek out travel adventures to far flung places-- without apologies.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home