Friday, August 22, 2014

Clacking Keys

When I read about an app called The Hanx Writer I immediately, especially since it was free, downloaded it to my IPad. This app simulates an old manual typewriter-- that includes the clicking keys and the sound of the carriage moving.

My first typewriter was a blue Royal. A heavy machine that clacked incessantly as I penned short pieces and my first poetry attempts.

When I bought an electric typewriter with changeable fonts ,I thought I owned the penultimate writing machine.

Who knew that someday I 'd be seated on a comfortable  chair with an IPad on my lap writing.

What's next?

Written on the Hanx

Hearing the sound of the keys takes me back in time. My Royal took up a lot of space in a three room apartment shared by four people. 

I recall not wanting to stand the case on its side because I worried that the keys might get squashed. 

My mother often called out, " It's late and the clacking is keeping us up."

That's when I reluctantly took out a pen and paper. Today I love writing with a fountain pen.









  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home