Sunday, July 27, 2014

The Enigma of Time

I can see no reason to be bound by chronological time.
--Jeanette Winterson


If so why not rewind time? Take out an eraser and set things right or play it again.

I'd be sitting on the edge of a curb, a skate key on a shoe lace around my neck, wearing faster then lightning ball bearing skates and Double Bubble gum in my pocket.

I'd find a kinder way of telling Zeporah that I selected the short straw. I had to tell her that she had body odor and it was difficult to change into gym clothes with her aroma.

After practicing in front of the bathroom mirror I thought I knew how to approach the topic. When you're in the seventh grade the task seems insurmountable.

I was neither tactful or kind. I think that after stammering a bit I simply said, "Zipporah, you smell."

If time could be rewound I'd sit on a Flexible Flyer sled and ,holding a child between my legs, I'd take a run down the gentle hill between two houses.

As for an eraser--isn't that called redemption?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home