Thursday, April 24, 2014

It's All a Matter of Perspective

I read somewhere of sadness brought on by pictures not taken. That sent me on a trip back in time wondering about the photos I missed.

Years ago I went down a small waterfall on a square of plastic. Now I'm not certain of the height of the falls. A photo might validate my memory—of sheer bravery.

Before Smartphones, taking pictures meant lugging a camera everywhere. Now you can document your life in small increments. Today I took photos of a decaying wall that looked like an expressionist painting, three roses my neighbor planted, and my scallop dish.

In this era the sadness may be brought on by all the pictures taken.

1 Comments:

Blogger Louise said...

I have read the last few entries and re-read some. This one prompted me to think about an encounter with Leo on Friday afternoon. He and his mother took Bill out for frozen yogurt at the new shop down the street from us in Acton. I was a doctor's appointment. Both cars arrived back in our parking lot at exactly the same time. Leo was delighted and surprised. He came towards me with a plastic sack shouting "Nana, we have a treat for you!" I thought to myself "I will never forget this moment. he is such a sweet little boy." No camera but the eye and the soul.
Thanks for these wonderful poems and vignettes.

April 27, 2014  

Post a Comment

<< Home