Wednesday, March 26, 2014

When Touch Isn't Enough

If my pen runs out of ink, I open up a bottle of ink and fill the pen. If my pencil point breaks or becomes dull, I use my pencil sharpener. If it's a mechanical pencil I either add more lead or press the end of the pencil to advance a piece of lead.

Simple, non-technical. If I am using a ball point pen and it runs out, I am faced with a choice--use a refill or if it's a cheap pen heave it into the closest wastebasket.


My ITouch requires me to push down on a small round indent that normally takes me back to my home page, but for an unexplained reason pushing the indent began to require Herculean strength. When I googled the problem I discovered a plethora of others who experienced the same dilemma.

You could use assistive technology that is built into the unit, but if you're out of warranty you can't get a new ITouch.

I must admit that after my initial sore thumb I approached the news with relative calm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home