Sunday, March 09, 2014

The Riddle of Time

What happened to the hour I lost when I turned all the clocks ahead? You can't simply eradicate an hour and stick it somewhere else. So many questions.

Are there any neighbors who refused to be intimidated and retained that hour for their own private use?

Did I miss out on anything when I expunged sixty minutes?

I know why they make the move at 2:00am. No one mounts a revolution at that hour.

Next year I'll stay up and watch the digital clock on my computer make its move. Is there a counter move?

Last night I went to sleep too late and I stared at the digital clock daring it to make a move? I'll manage to survive this upheaval, but just when I feel the solid ground the hour will return.

The return, although not imminent, indicates a state of remorse.

How does one fill an unexpected hour. It's like having an unexpected guest for dinner.

If I save what I intended for the lost hour I can simply plug it into the returned hour and save my time. Sometimes an hour is all you have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home