Thursday, February 06, 2014

It 's All About Setting

I just read an article about a sixteen year old who circumnavigated the world in a sailboat-- solo. At the age of ten she sailed across the English Channel by herself. She was born on a boat which may explain her affinity for boats.

I was born in a large city hospital. My parents always lived in apartments in buildings of at least six stories. When they purchased a condo unit the building had eight floors. Despite my connection to apartments I was able to successfully transition to a house and townhouse condo. Although I do have an yearning for the feel of concrete underfoot.

A friend of mine who had moved east from Kansas and lived in these parts for twenty years left word that when she died she wanted to return to Kansas. When she died she returned to a hill overlooking farm land.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home