Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Mounds and Mounds of Thin Strips

Today I bought a julienne peeler. I'm not a cook, but I've been watching cooking shows while I treadmill in the morning. I'd prefer to be outside walking at 7:00am, but the black ice makes me leery.

I recently discovered a Kitchen store and that's where I went today. Knowing how people desire to have a hands-on experience the owners set up a cutting board with real vegetables and kitchen gadgets. It's an invitation to try out different peelers, lemon squeezers, and items that defy my limited understanding of kitchen delights.

After peeling thin strips from a carrot with two different peelers I selected one of "professional" quality. It glides, rather than cuts. Standing at the cutting board I envisioned mounds of carrot strips and string beans in lean strips.

Soon I found myself searching out recipes that called for julienned expertise. I think the long winters do this to me—

I'll really frighten myself if I buy an apron.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home