Saturday, January 11, 2014

Home Grown Talent

Perhaps I'm just not in the right place at the right time, but I've never heard people take part in a karaoke competition.Today the Wall Street Journal devoted a full page to the equipment required for an individual to have a living room set-up.

According to the writer the cost of a set-up has now dipped into the affordable range. Imagine the boost to confidence and the broadening of singing prowess.

Of course I am tone deaf and even when standing next to someone who sings properly, I rarely hit all the correct notes. So, even if I wanted to get up there and belt out a song along with my favorite singer I am at a disadvantage.

Technology comes to the rescue.Somewhere an engineer suffering from an inability to carry a tune bemoaned fate and set out to right a wrong.

Ergo a company and its astute engineers recognized a market and jumped in to remedy the situation. They created a microphone that, according to the article, "automatically transforms out-of-tune singing into pitch-perfect melodies..."

I imagine myself singing ballads, love songs—perhaps even an aria or two. Anything is possible. One problem, I'll still need a backing track. I can't sing on my own.

But in my own home I can be a diva.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home