Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Reality

Ofttimes people say, "Act your age." What does that mean? We hear parents utter those words to a child whose behavior parrots a younger age. That phrase, repeated to someone who is older suggests that the person is acting in a childish manner.

I think it's good to sometimes refuse to act your age. Be decades younger-- refuse to be pigeon holed into a box. This is what people your age wear, do, say.

Today, I tried out my new driver ( golf driver)-- the driver that traveled all the way from England. Last night before I fell asleep I imagined each hole and how far I'd go, certainly way beyond my longest drive.

I played an entire game in my mind. Forget the second and third shots, forget the chips, the putts, I honed in on the drives.

Today at 40 degrees we set out for the first hole. My first drive went seriously right and not too far. By the fourth hole my drives went straight and as far as my old driver.

The last four holes that new driver simply went a bit further until the last hole where I nailed it-- for me-- and new territory. That ball traveled way beyond anything I'd hit before. " Yes, Yes". " I've never gone so far."

When that ball was released from its position atop the tee it traveled just the way I imagined.

Just like my daydream. Perhaps tonight I'll add chips and putts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home