Thursday, June 06, 2013

Separate Paths

Serendipity. While pushing my grocery cart I heard someone say hello. When I looked up I recognized a woman I once worked with wheeling her cart in my direction..

I wanted to ask her whether she's still making huge kites and entering kite tournaments, but she was interested in telling me who was retiring and who was staying.

I recalled her explaining all about fighting kites and sled kites.
She told me about the new people and how she's an old timer.

It's odd how conversations travel such different paths. Listen, I thought, creating kites that require a team to fly are far more interesting. But she continued telling me who is left and who is gone.

" They'd like to release me and get a tall , young blond. But I'm just going to stay on and on."

Too bad I didn't think about sharing how much I enjoyed listening to her talk about flying in the clouds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home