Saturday, June 08, 2013

Self-Deception

I noticed that whenever I go to a party where there's a buffet, I eat the oddest conglomeration of food-- items I'd never mix together if I planned a meal. All manner of making healthy choices disappears. I become a glutton and indulge in my dream plate. I release all sense of decorum.

Tonight the laden table sagged with coconut crusted shrimp, two types of pasta, three different grains , salads, deviled eggs, guacamole, two other dips, blue chips, steak tips, melted cheese sandwiches for the vegetarians and baked beans. Several other items came out later in the evening.

Then the deserts came out. You always have to have space for one or more deserts. Occasionally someone walked by with a slice from all the five pies, several cookies on top, and a large mound of whipped cream.

I feel healthy-- I only had a sliver of pie and three cookies. It's amazing how I'm able to fool myself.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home