Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Suppose...

Release from birth and rebirth, release from a cycle that repeats itself, release from self, release into something new.

I attended a lecture about Korean art and the lecturer spoke of the Buddhist meaning of a release from the  endless cycle of birth and rebirth .
Self- help groups talk about breaking the cycle of whatever has you in its clutches.  

Perhaps it's a preoccupation with self that has someone in knots. I recall once perseverating about something I said and worrying about the repercussions-- over and over. You trip over your own feet.

To release into something new and different, alien, often freezes people into inaction. 

Suppose the food in this new restaurant isn't good?

Suppose I don't like that type of music?

Why should I try something different? This works for me.

And suppose God leads you in an unexpected direction. What then? 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home