Wednesday, December 05, 2012

If it's Good Enough for MIT...

I admit to being a fan. Even though the Red Sox fell apart, embarrassed themselves, and suffered from a plethora of minor moral infractions, I'm aboard for the 2013 Red Sox. I listen to the pundits explain why the newest acquisition will work or won't work. I will be ready to purchase another magnetic team logo for my car.

Ever since my son taught me what a flea flicker meant, football captured my imagination. And living in New England means I follow the Patriots. They usually have a good chance of going to the playoffs and if they manage to make it to the Super Bowl a friend holds a Super Bowl Party. She makes a wonderful Eggplant Parmigiana dish.

And I follow, loosely, the Celtics. Their inconsistency bothers me. I really preferred them when they won consistently.

If we had a Tiddlywinks team I'd probably get behind them. At one time MIT had an active team and competed in local and international matches. There's a resurgence of the sport:

"Yan Wang, president of the MIT Tiddlywinks Association (MITTwA), said that adult players like to compare tiddlywinks to golf, "because it requires physical dexterity in making shots," and also to chess, "because it requires thinking in turns and trying to maximize your strategy based on what your opponent could do." MITTwA is awaiting formal recognition from MIT's Association of Student Activities."

Unless the Celtics become more consistent I might switch my allegiance. Tiddlewinks is not a simple child's game. It is sophisticated.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home