Saturday, October 20, 2012

What Word Begins With...

Crossword puzzles are addictive. Once I start one I'm not content until it's finished . I find myself talking to the creator, " That's a ridiculous clue, " or " how clever."

I guess the epitome is solving the Sunday Times massive crossword puzzle. Anything else is the climb up the mountain.

The question, is it more satisfying to fill in all the little boxes or a smattering of boxes?

According to crossword pundits  Arthur Wynne created the first crossword puzzle in 1913. It was " initially called word-cross and was diamond-shaped. The name later switched to cross-word, and then as a result of an accidental typo the hyphen was dropped and the name became crossword."

Check out this site if you're interested in constructing crosswords.

Cruciverb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home