Friday, October 26, 2012

Advice to Myself

I think I've finally come up with a protagonist for my November Novel—or at least a character of interest. Now all I need to do is outline some scenes before the first of the month. After that it's sit down and begin typing.

• Stop for a moment to prevent rigid fingers

• Don't hunker over your keyboard

• Take some food breaks and short walks around the room

Breathe

• Keep at it until the day's worth of words sits safely in your computer

• Save to a variety of places because I can't imagine losing any words.

• Accept the fact that as you go along you may lose the thread of where you're headed

Breathe.

1 Comments:

Blogger A Colorful World said...

Thank you for coming by and commenting on my blog post about the dragonfly. I am a writer too...been published in some small publications. Have big aspirations! I wish you all the best!

By the way, you might want to consider getting rid of word verification...you can still check your messages and approve them before they are posted, and it's not as annoying as trying not to be a robot. :-)

October 28, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home