Saturday, September 01, 2012

The Color of the Ocean

Scientists will tell you that the sun, the clouds, microscopic animals, dissolved minerals, the depth of the water all effect the color of the water. 

Of course when you fill a bucket with ocean water it appears colorless, but it actually has a light blue tinge .

At the end of the day I spent some time staring at the ocean. I watched rippled water repeating the same movements over and over. I caught the sun jumping on the water's surface, jabbing it with sharp lights.

The repetitions mesmerized me and the colors enveloped me with their cool sensuousness, their insistence in being up front, and their royal bearing.

Tomorrow I'll  visit the ocean and marvel at the garments she wears for the occasion 





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home