Thursday, August 30, 2012

Fishin'

Since my encounters with large animals is scant any meeting with something other than Homo sapiens  is exciting.

Years ago while hiking in the canyons of Capital Reef, we realized that the scat we were finding on our return to our starting point had not been there at
the start of the hike.

We picked up our pace, which included my heartbeat . Later we identified , along with the help of a book and a ranger, the animal-- a cougar. They had been spotted in the area . 

Today's sighting was far less spectacular , but fascinating. We watched a cormorant dive for food. He moved closer and kept diving. I took photo after photo hoping to catch him with something in his mouth. Finally I caught him with a catch--unidentified. 

After he was satiated he found a rock and stood there quite, I imagine, pleased with his hunting prowess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home