Tuesday, May 29, 2012

If You Look at Something Long Enough

I've noticed that if you stare at something long enough you begin to see pictures, motifs, a hidden message. At first this was an abstract mixed media composition, but then after some serious staring it morphed into a map. I was able to pick out countries, mountains, and a meandering river.

And once I determined that I was looking at a map I found myself absorbed with stories. Who lived there. Was it a peaceful area?

According to Daily News on the Wars in the World; fifty-nine countries are involved in wars, and there are 334 Militias-guerrillas and separatist groups involved.


So I'll keep staring until it morphs back into an abstract painting and if I still see a river it will be a lazy, slow moving river-- a place for wading and fishing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home