Thursday, May 17, 2012

I Can't Fathom..

When my next door neighbor told me how much money it cost to have his youngsters take part in school sports I was appalled. 

"$300 per kid, " he said, "and I'm not rich."

It doesn't compute. Towns don't have enough money to adequately fund school programs and parents pick up the tab.

I guess if you have money you simply buy whatever you want or think you need. 

Today's Wall Street Journal carried a story about several daughters of immensely wealthy families and their penchant for buying homes. Imagine being in your early twenties and buying a $70 million dollar estate?

It's hard to fathom how a home can cost that much. Why does anyone object to taxing the rich a bit more?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suppose wealthy people don't care to share or even get taxed at all. Did you read about those who move to avoid paying taxes? People complain about paying property tax here, and it is high, but we don't pay state or city tax. Bizarre. —Jan

May 19, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home