Friday, February 10, 2012

Out of Synch

 How many people feel that they are out of their element--in the wrong place or even born in the wrong century? If you prefer typing on an old Royal, eschew ebooks, refer to computers as time wasters, and believe that minimalist literature misses the mark it may be that you are often out of your element.

When I read the newspaper I often wonder if there's a disconnect. Today I picked up the Wall Street Journal and read about homes, many newly constructed, exceeding 25,000 square feet. One home had fifteen bathrooms as well as powder rooms, indoor gym, swimming pools, and all the amenities that " one needs".

One house is longer than a football field. The average one family home, according to the same article, is under 2,500 square feet. 



I heard Madonna say that her ticket prices, which were significantly more than other headline acts at the same venue, were worth the money.

She said, ""Start saving your pennies now. People spend $300 on crazy things all the time, things like handbags. So work all year, scrape the money together and come to my show. I'm worth it."

What disconnect am I experiencing?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home