Sunday, February 12, 2012

Old Photos

When I went through old photographs I found it a slow process--stopping to recall. Why don't I recall this purse? What treasures did it hold?

I found a photo of the Ainsley Road boys running backward races. Each boy wore a unique hat and a tee shirt-- backwards. That photo brought back that particular afternoon. Jean, who lived at the other end of Ainsley Road, and I held an end of school year party. We cooked over three dozen hotdogs and twelve boys and two girls ate their way through dogs, mounds of chips, two huge watermelons, Twinkies, and Oreo cookies.

Where was the tree in this photo?

I found a photo taken at the High Knob overlook at Gambril State Park on the ridge of Catoctin Mountain in Maryland. The hike included shuffling through ankle deep leaves, a plastic bag filled with gorp, and several boxes of raisins.

What happened before this photo was snapped? What happened after this photo was snapped?

Some memories are illusive.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home