Friday, January 06, 2012

Oh My!


Just on a whim I decided to enter one of my mixed media paintings in a juried art exhibit --without any real thought of being selected to exhibit. This evening the list was posted and I had to read and reread the list because there was my name and the name of my piece-- Route 66.

I feel like the kid who gets the first patch or first trophy. I wanted to paste the list on the refrigerator. My last accepted piece of art-- although I've only entered one other juried exhibit--back in the seventh grade. I entered the Scholastic Art Exhibit .My charcoal still life received an acceptance and eventually I won a blue ribbon for my arrangement of several bowls, a fish, and knives laid out on a checkered tablecloth.

It isn't as if I retired. , I just didn't enter any completions. I hung my paintings on the walls of my parent's retirement condo, or on my walls, or occasionally on a friend's walls.

When I studied Chinese Ink Painting the instructor held exhibits every year, but merely being n the class assured you wall space at the Buddhist Center.

So this is an oh wow experience.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Jan Timmons said...

An oh-wow experience, indeed! Congratulations! Sure would enjoy seeing your Route 66 mixed-media painting (or that's it in your previous post?).

Well done for entering an art competition. I think that shows a bit of confidence.

January 07, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home