Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Decisions

After deep and somewhat chaotic introspection my list of resolutions for 2012, written down, inscribed in blue ink in a new notebook, is complete. This year I've tried to hone them down to a respectable number. Why bother with those resolutions that I know I won't keep.

Despite my penchant for armchair travel to remote and dangerous places I won't be buying passage to a far flung spot. I love the idea of racing across the desert, defying thirst, arid heat, blisters, and knotted calves, but I won't sign up. Neither will I starve myself in an aborted attempt to wear a size four form fitting pair of jeans.

All these negatives! What will I do?
Perhaps I'll hone down my list to one item.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Jan Timmons said...

If resolutions make you feel bad, why do them? Who began this concept? (I'll google in awhile.) I stopped making them on new year's, since I'm trying to change my ways with each trip to a shrink. Year-round resolutions and reinforcement, and yet, still difficult to change oneself.

Perhaps hone your list to one item that you'd enjoy doing. And that would be?

January 11, 2012  
Blogger Cathy said...

I found in blogland and yahoo group list land that people were choosing a word for 2012 instead of resolutions.

I chose LISTEN because I don't think enough people do.

So, I'll be listening.

Cathy

January 12, 2012  
Anonymous Linda said...

Cathy—

I think that's a creative idea. I'm going to in right in with prayer.

Linda

January 12, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home