Friday, January 13, 2012

Dreaming



It's cold and I'm thinking about other seasons. Not that I don't like winter, but I find myself yearning for fewer heavy garments, bare arms, toes unencumbered by shoes, and a nose that doesn't turn red. 

On the other hand I do like the way my shoes leave imprints in new snow, the taste of snow on my tongue, and catching snowflakes on black construction paper.

Of course it hasn't really snowed here this year. I'm not adverse to that because of the ice dams last winter, the dripping closet, the walls wet enough to need to be removed, the transport of everything in the closet to the loft, the wait until spring to have the rebuild. So I 'm cautious and wary-- hopeful that the repairs took care of the problem. 

So this winter seems like a welcome reprieve. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home