Saturday, November 19, 2011

The Unvarnished Truth

)Her story...

Her story appeared on the front page of the daily newspaper although she preferred seeing it elsewhere. The front page is so blatant, so in front of your face. Although when she asked what section people read first, the front page didn't garner the largest readership.

" Comics, I always start with the funnies. Ever since my father taught me to read Little Orphan Annie I've followed the strips."

"Sports, it's the reason I still buy the paper. The front page is depressing and the same: killing, war, fire, greed, and an occasional burst of glee."

" The puzzle. I used to do it with a pencil, but I graduated to a pen."

" Book reviews."
" Arts"
" The ads."

Her story appeared on the front page. She realized that to start on the first page required grit, stamina for the real, the unvarnished, the underbelly.

She didn't need to worry about what people might say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home