Sunday, November 20, 2011

A Topic a Day

Without really thinking, or thinking too much, I elected to write a blog a day for the month of November. Some days what to say eludes me. Now I could pretend this is a diary and write of my days, but that supposes a day composed of fascinating tidbits.

Perhaps snippets of a day. Yesterday when the road I'd normally take was closed, I had no idea of an alternate route. Disclaimer: ask me about longitude and latitude and I can give you a fairly cogent response, but don't request directions to someplace fifteen minutes away unless you enjoy the longest route.

Given the circumstances I chose to follow another car. We drove through some rather bucolic scenery, several large fields, huge houses, and I believe a horse. I never wavered and we emerged at a spot that worked for my final destination.

So, does this show me as an intrepid adventurer, someone unafraid of the unknown? Am I now ready to take off on one of the extreme trips I read about when my psyche yearns for exploits into the unknown?

Will I eventually run across the Sahara with the rest of those people intent on experiencing life to the fullest? Perhaps I'll settle for mountain climbing up sheer faces of ice or will I petition to winter over on the South Pole. I expect I'll continue to read of those exploits while seated at a coffee shop drinking iced decaf--no sweetener, no space.

As for finding a topic-- some days it's a struggle.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Jan Timmons said...

I liked this 'snippet'. I've just read four posts beginning with the most current—the pie, and all read well. But in this one I felt a strong kinship…(darn blogger layout means I can't flip back to your post to capture a quote).

Still, I read. Sometimes I comment when I don't feel intimidated by your skill and creativity and style.

November 24, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home